Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy
PEMF: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field. PEMF is widely used in Eastern Europe and other parts of Europe, where it has been a standard therapy. While this is a new technology in North America it is really an innovative, emerging technology, with an already extensive research base behind it. For more information about this revolutionary technology, check out the website: PEMFinfo.com.
PEMF is a safe, drug-free, non-invasive therapy for pain and dysfunction. PEMF optimizes the self-healing and self-regulating functions of the body.*
What are the benefits of PEMF?
PEMF is an effective, non-invasive and side effect-free antidote to pain. It directly affects nerve cells that are communicating to our brain that our body is experiencing pain. It has anti-inflammatory implications, helping to minimize pain. This also affects flexibility – especially when treating stiff and inflamed muscles. PEMF treatment increases the range of motion that can be achieved and results are often immediate. For bone fractures, PEMF is especially useful in healing non-union fractures. This is because electromagnetic waves are the earth’s tool to cause biochemical changes that ultimately result in an increased speed in bone formation. PEMF therapy has also been found to relieve depression and other mental health conditions. It’s also been used in treatment of everything from arthritis, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, to multiple sclerosis, autism, diabetes, and many other chronic health conditions.
In addition to impacting inflammation and bone healing, here’s a just a sampling of the many other benefits of PEMF:
- Regulates certain functions through its impact on the autonomic nervous system
- Activates bone-cartilage cell stimulation
- Regenerates nerves through stimulating nerve cells to grow
- Activates part of the immune system – white blood cells called macrophages
- Reduces stress with direct impact on norepinephrine and epinephrine
- Relieves pain
- Heals wounds
- Improves metabolic health
- Improves circulation; thus oxygenation to tissues
- Regulates of digestive activity
- Improves melatonin production
- Strengthens immune system
- Many more benefits
What experts are saying about PEMF:
“I feel pulsed electromagnetic therapy may be one of the greatest discoveries in the history of medicine.”
– Dr. David Williams,
Alternatives for the Health Conscious Individual – (March 2004)
“In all living things energy is more fundamental than chemistry.”
– James Oschman, author of Energy Medicine
“This idea of manipulating cellular activity with magnetically induced electrical currents is looking like one of the hottest new fields around.”
– Andy Bassett, MD on the future of PEMF, Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies
“All human activity is conditioned by the earth’s magnetic environment. Once the connection is made between the magnetic aspects of the biophysical chemistry of human bio-organism, indeed all planetary biology, then it becomes easier to conceive of the body as a bioelectric/magnetic apparatus, subject to all physical laws of magnetism.”
– Jiri Jerabek, MD, PhD & William Pawluk, MD, M.Sc. Book – Magenetic Therapy In EAstern Europe A review of 30 years of researchThere is a therapy that perfectly complements chiropractic care called “pulsed electro-magnetic field” (PEMF) therapy. PEMF is the perfect complement to chiropractic care due to its effect on cellular function. Chiropractic adjustments restore the nerve impulse to cells, tissues and organs, …while PEMF strengthens and restores function to those cells that have been denied proper nerve energy due to the vertebral subluxation complex or from other interference. The effect is one of synergy, meaning the two together work better than either one alone.Learn more about cutting edge technology called pulsed electromagnetic field therapy. At Johnson Chiropractic Neurology & Nutrition we use the Pulse Centers XL PRO, which is the only PEMF Exercise system in the world to combine solid-state engineering, integrated electronics, user-controlled adjustable pulse and magnetic field strength, with up to 10Hz of pulsing power. Recharging your depleted cells and boosting your mitochondria is assisted by blasting your body with raw amounts of high-frequency pulsed electromagnetic fields.
Many patients have received fast healing responses to bone fractures, tendon and muscle injuries and help with brain injuries and neuropathy. One recent success with our system enabled an 18 year long bout with pain to diminish to very low levels.
Watch this informative podcast on Bulletproof Radio. Dave Asprey, founder of Bulletproof Coffee and operator of his renowned “bio-hacking” laboratory welcomes Gary Volino, the president of Pulse Centers, to Bulletproof Radio to talk about the revolutionary products his company is developing that are reshaping the medical field and revolutionizing the use of electromagnetic therapies.
PEMF—what is it?
PEMF is an electro-magnetic field applied to a painful or dysfunctional area of the body. What makes this therapy so powerful is two things: the strength of the magnetic field generated by the machine; and the pulsating of the field around the part of the body that is not functioning properly.
How does it work?
PEMF works by re-energizes damaged cells by inducing electrical changes within the cell that restore it to its normal healthy state. It improves the ability of the membrane of the cell to allow the oxygen, water and nutrients it needs into the cell…and allows the metabolic wastes to exit the cell in a normal manner. The pulsing action of the PEMF literally “exercises” the cells that are exposed to the magnetic field and allows them to normalize.
What Are The Benefits:
Because of this cellular exercise, cellular metabolism is boosted, blood cells are regenerated, circulation is improved, and oxygen carrying capacity is increased.
Weakened or damaged cells are the cause of many health problems. The treatment of these cells with energy allows them to return to normal function.
Regaining normal cell function is the key to ALL healing! PEMF helps cells regain normal function. Take a look at the video below to learn more. You will be glad you did!
PEMF Therapy Increases:
- Energy to cells
- Blood oxygen
- Cell hydration
- Bone density
- Lean muscle mass
- Range of motion
- Immune system function
- Nerve response
- Muscle response
PEMF Therapy Decreases:
- Swelling /edema
PEMF Helps The Body To:
- Repair damaged tissue
- Enhance the synthesis of protein
- Absorb oxygen better
- Repair ligaments and tendons
- Stimulate the healing process
- Become more alkaline
Is PEMF Safe And Are There Any Side Effects?
These treatments are completely safe and there no side effects.Even the most chronic health problems can be helped—often after only a few treatments.
Does PEMF Hurt?
PEMF treatments are completely painless. Treatments last from 5 to 15 minutes.
What Can PEMF Help?
- PEMF therapy has helped:
- Bulging spinal discs
- Joint pain (shoulders, wrists, fingers, hips, knees ankles, feet, etc.
- Back and neck pain
- Numbness in hand or feet
- Multiple sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Effects of stroke
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Many other conditions!
Thousands of studies on PEMF have been conducted by NASA, NIH, and other institutions around the world.
A comprehensive collection of these studies can be found at PubMed, a website of the National Institutes of Health. These studies set the stage for the development of increasingly advanced PEMF devices. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=pulsed+fields
*Note: Pulsed electromagnetic field devices (PEMF) are generators that produce a DC pulsed electromagnetic field of varying strengths delivered via insulated cables. No current of any kind comes into contact with the body. The magnetic field energy produced at the cable passes freely through living tissue for the purpose of cellular exercise to promote and support a sense of well-being. It is not a medical device. It has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended for the diagnosis, treatment, or cure of any physical or medical condition, you should seek the advice of a medical professional before using PEMF as a form of cellular exercise.