"There is a group of core symptoms common to those who have ADD. These include short attention span for routine, everyday tasks, distractibility, organizational problems (for spaces and time), difficulty with follow-through, and poor internal supervision or judgment. These symptoms exist over a prolonged period of time and are present from an early age, although they may not be evident until a child is pushed to concentrate or to organize his or her life."  In addition to the core symptoms, those with Type 3 have several other specific symptoms or challenges in dealing with various situations and environmental stimuli.
Notable attributes of Type 3 ADD*
- Excessive or senseless worrying
- Oppositional, argumentative
- Strong tendency to get locked into negative thoughts, having the same thought over and over
- Tendency toward compulsive behaviors
- Tendency to hold grudges
- Trouble shifting attention from subject to subject
- Difficulties seeing options in situations
- Tendency to hold onto own opinion and not listen to others
- Tendency to get locked into a course of action, whether or not it is good for the person
- Needing to have things done a certain way or you become very upset
- Others complain that you worry too much
- Clinical history is always important in ADD cases, but especially type 3’s
- Often won’t cooperate with teachers and have a lot of difficulty getting along with other students
- Prozac will often make them worse - more aggressive
Helpful Treatment Tips
Type 3 cases often do well to use supplements that boost the brains production of dopamine and serotonin. In addition a moderate protein diet with plenty of healthy fats helps stable blood sugar (glucose). Remember, glucose is an important part of the fuel delivery system to the brain and the rest of the body. A high carbohydrate diet tends to cause more ups and downs in blood sugar and corresponding energy levels. A high carbohydrate diet also tends to create a state of chronic inflammation in the body. Inflammation in the leading theory not only for cancer and heart disease, but also brain dysfunction.
In order to improve blood flow to the areas of the brain affected with Type 3 ADD, so regular exercise is important.
Type 3 ADD cases typically respond very well to a individualized program consisting of neurofeedback (brain wave retraining), brain strengthening exercises such as Interactive Metronome, and nutritional help. If we can help in any way, feel free to contact us at The Clear Mind Institue of Southeast Michigan at our ADHD hotline 586-930-5148 or email us at email@example.com. We are located on the west side of Van Dyke Avenue in Shelby Township, Michigan, across from the Shelby Township Library.
For more details about the natural approach I take with my patients, take a look at the book I wrote entitled: Reclaim Your Life; Your Guide To Revealing Your Body's Life-Changing Secrets For Renewed Health. It is available in my office or at Amazon and many other book outlets. If you found value in this article, please use the social sharing icons at the top of this post and please share with those you know who are still suffering with chronic health challenges, despite receiving medical management. Help me reach more people so they may regain their zest for living! Thank you!
ALL THE BEST – DR. KARL R.O.S. JOHNSON, DC – DIGGING DEEPER TO FIND SOLUTIONS
1. Amen, Daniel G. (2013-12-03). Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD (Kindle Locations 2028-2030). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
2. Amen, Daniel G. (2013-12-03). Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD (Kindle Locations 2168-2173). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
3. Amen, Daniel G. (2013-12-03). Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD (p. 21). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
* Amen, Daniel G. (2013-12-03). Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD (Kindle Locations 2015-2026). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.