Image via Pexels
According to a recent poll, only 38% of Americans report they are happy with their lives. If you are among the remaining 62%, Johnson Chiropractic Neurology & Nutrition has some tips to help you live your best life.
Figure Out Who You Want To Be
Many people spend their lives trying to live up to the expectations of others. Forget about what everyone else wants you to do and figure out who you want to be. For example, if you hate going to parties, but you keep showing up because you don't want people to think you are anti-social, stop. Find other ways to connect with people that better fit your interests, such as joining a book club or playing games online.
Take Charge of Your Health
It can be difficult to enjoy your daily life if you are suffering from chronic pain or other health conditions. Schedule an appointment with a health care provider to discuss ways you can relieve chronic pain and live a healthier lifestyle. If visiting a doctor in person doesn't work for you, you can find reliable healthcare online. Visiting an online doctor provides you with more healthcare choices, and greater flexibility and makes it easier to get prescriptions refilled. Online doctors are also usually less expensive than in-person appointments.
Start a Business to Get Out of Your Career Rut
If your job is making you unhappy, find a way to get out of your career rut. This may mean finding a new job, starting your own business or finding ways to feel more fulfilled in your current job. People who feel good about the work they do tend to have better self-esteem and feel better about their overall lives.
If you decide to start a business, you can make the process easier by utilizing online resources. Use a business formation service to help you get your business started without incurring expensive legal fees. Take advantage of free tools to help you with calendar management, content creation, customer service and eCommerce. You can also connect with formation services that can help you start an LLC in Michigan. This formation has benefits like limited liability and pass-through taxation.
Identify Your Bad Habits
Are you wasting your day doomscrolling on Twitter when you should be doing your work? Do you put off making your grocery list until you end up doordashing a pizza instead of cooking a healthy meal? Spend some time paying attention to what you do every day. Make a spreadsheet and keep track of everything you do and how much time you spend doing it for a week. Identify unproductive habits and replace them with productive ones.
Improve Your Diet
The food you eat can have a major impact on your health, fitness and overall sense of wellbeing. If you have been relying on drive-through meals or eating your meals out of a box or a can, improve your diet by adding more fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Reduce the amount of salt, sugar and saturated fat in your diet. You don't have to go straight from your current habits to making everything from scratch. Incremental changes are easier to implement and are more likely to stick. Try setting a goal to cook one more meal at home per week and progress from there.
With the right kitchen products, you can make healthy eating easier and more enjoyable. For example, a juicer can help you get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables, while a spiralizer can turn healthy veggies into delicious pasta substitutes. You can also find kitchen products that help you eat more mindfully, such as portion-control plates and bowls. Whenever purchasing products for your home, it’s a good idea to read reviews from experts to make sure they’re safe and functional.
If you are unhappy with your life, you don't have to resign yourself to living that way forever. Identify the things that are decreasing your happiness and replace them with new habits that help you be your best self whether you’re starting a business or improving your diet.
Johnson Chiropractic Neurology & Nutrition is founded on concern for patient well-being and views health care as a cooperative effort. Call (586) 731-8840.
Always remember one of my mantras, "The more you know about how your body works, the better you can take care of yourself."
For more details about the natural approach I take with my patients, take a look at the book I wrote entitled: Reclaim Your Life; Your Guide To Revealing Your Body's Life-Changing Secrets For Renewed Health. It is available in my office or at Amazon and many other book outlets. If you found value in this article, please use the social sharing icons at the top of this post and please share with those you know who are still suffering with chronic health challenges, despite receiving medical management. Help me reach more people so they may regain their zest for living! Thank you!