When you feel like your body is filled with toxic sludge, make a soup out of these top detox foods! The recipe takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and the taste is just beyond delish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion, roughly diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped small (about ⅔ pound)
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- ½ lemon
- In a medium stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about two minutes, then, add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add broccoli, arugula, and ginger and sauté about 4 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil. Once soup boils, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 8 minutes (or until broccoli is tender).
- Remove soup from heat and ladle the mixture into a blender (work slowly and in batches - never fill the blender more than ¾ full), puree and return to pot.
- Ladle into bowls and squeeze a wedge of fresh lemon over the top and enjoy.
Find this and more delicious, simple to prepare recipes in the Eat Right for Your Type Personalized Cookbooks (they make a great gift at the budget-friendly price of only $10.80 each).
For more details about the natural approach I take with my patients, take a look a the book I wrote entitled: Reclaim Your Life; Your Guide To Revealing Your Body's Life-Changing Secrets For Renewed Health. It is available in my office or at Amazon and many other book outlets.
If you found value in this article, please use the social sharing icons at the top of this post and please share with those you know who are still suffering with low thyroid symptoms or other chronic health challenges, despite receiving medical managment. Help me reach more people so they may regain their zest for living! Thank you!