For years, the topic of CBD for medical use was controversial. However, now that it has been approved for general use in the US, CBD (cannabidiol) is now widely researched and used for a variety of health conditions.
CBD is NOT psychoactive. While both cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) come from the Cannabis plant genus, they are quite different compounds:
- THC is known for its psychoactive effects (ie: the "high" feeling).
- CBD is not a recreational drug and doesn't offer the psychoactive effects of THC.
While some products contain both, many companies are now making THC-free CBD products that meet strict government guidelines.
Conditions CBD is used for:
- Chronic pain
- Skin issues
- Multiple Sclerosis
- And other conditions
Four facts you may not know about CBD:
1. Your body's endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a key physiologic system involved in establishing and maintaining human health. The goal of this system is to maintain balance and regulate a biochemical "steady state" required for healthy body function.
2. Hemp-based cannabinoids (which contain no psychoactive THC) interact with your endocannabinoid system throughout the body. In your brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells, CBD can promote communication and coordination between cells without cognitive impairment.
3. CBD is not addictive. According to a report from the World Health Organization, "In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential."
4. CBD is generally considered safe, but like any medicine — whether synthetic or botanical — you must know where it has been sourced and how it is processed to obtain a quality product free from toxins, parabens, synthetic chemicals and artificial fragrances.
If you or someone you love suffers from challenging health issues, I encourage you to watch the CBD Health Revolution Program
If you found value in this article, please use the social sharing icons at the top of this post and please share with those you know who are still suffering with chronic health challenges or autoimmune issues despite having medical managment. Thank you, help me reach more people so they may regain their zest for living!
Always remember one of my mantras., "The more you know about how your body works, the better you can take care of yourself."
For more details about the natural approach I use with my patients, consider reading the book I wrote entitled: Reclaim Your Life; Your Guide To Revealing Your Body's Life-Changing Secrets For Renewed Health. It is available in my office or at Amazon and many other book outlets. If you found value in this article, please use the social sharing icons at the top of this post and please share with those you know who are still suffering with neurobehavioral issues or other chronic health challenges, despite receiving medical management. Help me reach more people so they may regain their zest for living! Thank you!
ALL THE BEST – DR. KARL R.O.S. JOHNSON, DC – DIGGING DEEPER TO FIND SOLUTIONS